Thursday, February 10, 2011

Candle Holders!! :)

This is my candle hold with the black gerofido! I tried the best i could to create the picture. Candle Holder with the black greffido




Candle holder-Water etched!!

We are making candle holders!

Reflection:

What we were trying to accomplish was to make 2 candle holders one water ediched and one with the black griffedo. Yes i did accomplish my goal because I finished both of my candle holders even though my water ediched one broke the first time. The technique I used on my pieces was my own design and did the best I could to create these pieces. The elements of design that are most evident in my work was that I used mown ideas and pattens on both candle holders. You see them on the cups. The best part of the piece was to make the cups by building it by hand. What I liked about the best piece I made was I did it by myself with some help. In strenght about my pieceis that it can stand up. The most chanllenging part of creating the piece was not making it thin enough so that I can put it together and not letting the black one dry too much so that I couldn't carve into it. I over came the difficulties by trying to save it dunking it in water and re-painting it and carve in it the best I could and rebuilding the water one that broke on me. What I would do to change if  iI were to do this project over again is the piece is not having to the black carving into the cup because it was hard to do it. WhatI learned from creating this piece was that  putting our own creative into the cups and in what ways make it look cool. I will apply this knowledge when creating my next piece is to use my own ideas into my own art work. Overall, I felt okay about this piece becuase it wasn't my best on the black one since it turned out funny ad didnt have alot of detail in it since I didn't know. :( I tried my best in finishing both pieces during my off hours.  The sgraffitto was the hardest to complete since my dryed out.. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment